GO AROUND THE WORLD IN FILMS!
You’ve been working hard lately. Reward yourself. Jump on a motorcycle, sip your way through wine country, or waltz through the Hermitage. Do it without spending money. Do it through film.
A Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll rated the following as THE BEST ON-LOCATION MOVIES SINCE 2000.
1. Sideways (California)
2. The Motorcycle Diaries (Latin America)
3. The Horse Whisperer (Montana)
4. City of God (Rio de Janiero)
5. Monsoon Wedding (India)
6. Y Tu Mama Tambien (Mexico)
7. Ocean’s Eleven (Las Vegas)
8. Amelie (Paris)
9. Russian Ark (St. Petersburg)
10. Frida (Mexico City)
Cinema, like travel, is not only about pleasure but about revelation – whatever the culture, whatever the landscape. Pass the popcorn, and enjoy your stay-cay!