Now that summer is almost here, sun safety is more important than ever. Follow these five sunscreen tips to protect against a sunburn.
- Choose a sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum UV protection and is water-resistant. Pick one that has an SPF of 30 or more.
- Lotion, spray, gel, cream or ointment? It doesn’t matter, as long as you use it – and reapply every two hours.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes BEFORE you go outside.
- Check the expiration date. Unless indicated by an expiration date, all sunscreens should be good for three years.
- Don’t forget your lips! Apply a lip balm that has an SPF of 30 or higher.